The 8 entries shortlisted for the MEDEA Awards 2016 have just been announced, they are Apprendre l'anglais avec les Tutos de Huito by Stéven Huitorel, France, Labhair Linn! Cabhraigh Linn! - Speak with Us! Support Us! by Edel Crosbie, Ireland, La Moselle ensauvagée by Université de Lorraine, France, Magna Carta & the Emergence of Parliament by the National Archives of the UK, Multimedia Wismo by Nadasdy Film, Switzerland, PopuLLar - Motivating secondary school students to learn languages through their music by partners in UK, Spain, Turkey, Czech Republic, Germany and Italy, Science Bits by International Science Teaching Foundation and Science Bits, Spain and Walking through the nature by Aleksandra Andonoska, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
Highlights in this month's newsletter include:
- Video used for teaching maths: how it can be a valuable tool, by Brooke McCurdy, CCTL, Statesville, North Carolina;
- Media & Information Literacy through the DIY MIL social MOOC, by Divina Frau-Meigs and Bérangère Blondeau, Sorbonne Nouvelle University, France ;
- Media Education: a new way to teach media information , By Darina Kocurová, Media Education Project Coordinator ;
- WAWALAB: how to digitally live your city ;
- Programme launched for Media & Learning Conference 10-11 March 2016;
- Next AGM of the Media & Learning Association announced
plus plenty of other news, notifications and announcements related to the use of media in education and training.
You can see the newsletter here